The CMS UI Database
This was an idea I had about two years ago. I recruited some friends to help, and the goal was that we were going to post a bunch of images of CMS user interfaces.
And we did…for about five minutes. It turns out the idea just didn’t have legs. We posted a couple dozen UIs, then we unceremoniously stopped. Eventually, the domain name expired. And that was it.
I thank the three friends I talked into helping:
Some ideas are bad, some are good, and some are good but just don’t have staying power. The CMS UI database was one of those last kinds.
Enjoy what we did.
(Note: none of the posts were attributed, nor were the “Other Perspectives” which appeared in a handful of posts. All the below content was created by me or one of the three people above.)
- Episerver Type Conversion
- Magnolia Find Bar
- FrontPage Navigation Editor
- Interwoven Teamsite Branches
- Drupal's Query Builder, Circa 2011
- Drupal's Query Builder, Circa 2008
- Drupal's Query Builder, Circa 2006
- Direct Manipulation with Medium.com
- Sitecore XPath Builder
- Contentful Content Model editing
- Umbraco Health Check
- Umbraco Grid Editor
- Movable Type v2 Editing Interface
- Netlify CMS Post Editing Form
- Sitecore Content Tree
- Squarespace Page Editing
- Episerver Project Workspace
- Craft CMS Entry Copying
- WordPress Posts dashboard
- Sitecore Broken Links warning dialog
- Sitecore Source Property
- Sitecore Access Viewer
- Interwoven Teamsite Workflow Modeler
- Contentful File Selector
- CityDesk Editing Screen
- WordPress block-based editing