This is a type of personality test or therapeutic methodology for a group setting.
The subject selects a list of adjectives that they think describe them. The other members in the group then also select a list of adjectives that they think describe the subject.
The adjectives are organized into a two-by-two grid.
- X-Axis: Known to me / Not known to me
- Y-Axis: Known to others / Not known to others
Where the adjectives are placed indicates what type of personality trait it is.
- Open: known to me, known to others
- Facade: known to me, not known to others
- Blind: not known to me, known to others
- Unknown: not known to me, not known to others (anything not selected, in other words)
The name of the test is a portmanteau of the names of the two inventors.
Why I Looked It Up
I don’t remember. I saw it in a book somewhere.