My Reading List
I read a lot. I track my reading in Goodreads. Below are some statistics I've compiled over the last few years.
|2019||55 (94 projected)||18,248||331-page book every 3.9 days|
|2018||75||26,353||351-page book every 4.9 days|
|2017||75||27,160||362-page book every 4.9 days|
|2016||81||26,542||327-page book every 4.5 days|
|2015||37||11,616||313-page book every 9.9 days|
|2014||72||22,282||309-page book every 5.1 days|
Listed below are all 395 books I have logged on Goodreads with their star ratings, grouped by month. The linked title goes to my review.
Some titles do not have a star rating, usually because I felt I was the wrong audience for the book, in which case I didn't think it was fair to rate it.
- Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline
- A People's History of Computing in the United States
- Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy--and ...
- Economics in One Lesson: The Shortest & Surest Way to Understand Basic Economics
- 90 Minutes at Entebbe
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
- Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, a...
- Crushed: Why Guys Don't Have to Make or Break You
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- No More Silos: Metadata Strategy for Online Publishers
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well
- You Don't Know JS: this & Object Prototypes
- Why you need a content team and how to build one
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications
- Simply Brilliant: Powerful Techniques to Unlock Your Creativity and Spark New...
- CSS Master
- CSS: The Definitive Guide
- FreeDarko Presents: The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History
- Data Driven: Harnessing Data and AI to Reinvent Customer Engagement
- The Last Magician (The Last Magician, #1)
- Hacking Marketing: Agile Practices to Make Marketing Smarter, Faster, and Mor...
- The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention...
- Complexity: A Guided Tour
- The Machine That Changed The World
- Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance
- A Gentleman in Moscow
- The Secret World: A History of Intelligence
- Statistics Done Wrong: The Woefully Complete Guide
- Designing Distributed Systems: Patterns and Paradigms for Scalable, Reliable ...
- Change Agent
- We Are The Nerds: The Birth and Tumultuous Life of Reddit, the Internet's Cul...
- Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility
- Learning to See Version 1.3
- How the Internet Happened: From Netscape to the iPhone
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- The Writer's Practice: Building Confidence in Your Nonfiction Writing
- Legion versus Phalanx
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Keywords: The New Language of Capitalism
- The Idea Book
- 11 Rules for Creating Value in the Social Era
- The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
- God's Secretaries : The Making of the King James Bible
- The Inquiring Organization: How Organizations Acquire Knowledge and Seek Info...
- Sugar: A Bittersweet History
- The Elements of Eloquence: How to Turn the Perfect English Phrase
- Bitwise: A Life in Code
- The Seventh Sense: Power, Fortune, and Survival in the Age of Networks
- The Book of Trees: Visualizing Branches of Knowledge
- Creating Things That Matter: The Art and Science of Innovations That Last
- Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine...
- The Silk Roads: A New History of the World
- The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
- Master Thieves: The Boston Gangsters Who Pulled Off the World’s Greatest Art ...
- Stand Firm: Resisting the Self-Improvement Craze
- The Systems Bible: The Beginner's Guide to Systems Large and Small: Being the...
- Walkable City Rules: 101 Steps to Making Better Places
- Licence Expired: The Unauthorized James Bond
- The Conservative Mind: From Burke to Eliot
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Secu...
- Digital Dollars and Cents: A Virtual CFO’s Playbook to help Digital Companies...
- Ready to Be a Thought Leader: How to Increase Your Influence, Impact, and Suc...
- Building Evolutionary Architectures: Support Constant Change
- I'll Be There for You: The One about Friends
- LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media
- Farsighted: How We Make the Decisions That Matter the Most
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE
- Conceptual Models: Core to Good Design
- Overcomplicated: Technology at the Limits of Comprehension
- Notes on the Synthesis of Form
- The Way of the Web Tester: Reduce Bugs, Increase Quality, Have Fun
- What's In The Bible: The Story Of God Through Time And Eternity
- The Screwtape Letters
- Death of a Salesman
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, B...
- Node.js Design Patterns
- The Portrait of a Lady
- The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
- Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)
- The Thinker's Toolkit: 14 Powerful Techniques for Problem Solving
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- When Helping Hurts
- How to Make Small Talk: Conversation Starters, Exercises, and Scenarios
- A Legacy of Spies
- The Love of the Last Tycoon
- Cannery Row
- Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals
- Node.js in Action
- Learning Node: Moving to the Server-Side
- Instant Npm
- The Art of Conversation: A Guided Tour of a Neglected Pleasure
- Learning React: Functional Web Development with React and Redux
- Angel: How to Invest in Technology Startups—Timeless Advice from an Angel Inv...
- How Clients Buy: A Practical Guide to Business Development for Consulting and...
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)
- Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
- Introduction to Information Behaviour. Nigel Ford
- Content Design
- The Last Lecture
- The Imposter's Handbook (Imposter's Handbook, #1)
- On Intelligence: The History of Espionage and the Secret World
- Are You Sleeping
- The Economists' Diet: The Surprising Formula for Losing Weight and Keeping It...
- Designing Connected Content: Plan and Model Digital Products for Today and To...
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine
- Java Pocket Guide: Instant Help for Java Programmers
- Why Geography Matters More Than Ever
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a ...
- Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need to Know Ab...
- How Everything Became War and the Military Became Everything: Tales from the ...
- Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty
- Holy Bible, NIV
- Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base
- Not Dead Yet: The Memoir
- Live from New York: An Oral History of Saturday Night Live
- Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and...
- Hit Refresh
- A Mind at Play: How Claude Shannon Invented the Information Age
- The Cold War: A World History
- The Weekend Effect: The Life Changing Benefits of Taking Time Off and Challen...
- The Story of Writing
- Just Courage: God's Great Expedition for the Restless Christian
- The Sum of Small Things: A Theory of the Aspirational Class
- You Are Not So Smart: Why You Have Too Many Friends on Facebook, Why Your Mem...
- Infotopia: How Many Minds Produce Knowledge
- Project Management for Humans
- Metaphors We Live By
- Conscience of a Conservative: A Rejection of Destructive Politics and a Retur...
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
- Huế 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam
- Intuition at Work: Why Developing Your Gut Instincts Will Make You Better at ...
- Alpha Beta: How 26 Letters Shaped the Western World
- Diffusion of Innovations
- Sources of Power: How People Make Decisions
- The Book of Strange New Things
- Structured Analytic Techniques For Intelligence Analysis
- Agent Zigzag: A True Story of Nazi Espionage, Love, and Betrayal
- How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking
- Whiplash: How to Survive Our Faster Future
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
- Domain-Driven Design Reference: Definitions and Pattern Summaries
- Smart Collaboration: How Professionals and Their Firms Succeed by Breaking Do...
- Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
- Metadata Basics for Web Content: The Unification of Structured Data and Content
- Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction
- Web Content Management: A Collaborative Approach
- The Formation of the Christian Biblical Canon
- Website Product Management
- Typologies and Taxonomies: An Introduction to Classification Techniques
- The Problem of War in the Old Testament
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- The Death of Expertise: The Campaign Against Established Knowledge and Why It...
- The Gutenberg Revolution
- Don't Know Much About the Bible: Everything You Need to Know About the Good B...
- Cataloging the World: Paul Otlet and the Birth of the Information Age
- The Usefulness of Useless Knowledge
- New York 2140
- Drupal for Humanists
- An Introduction to Community & Public Health
- Information and Intrigue: From Index Cards to Dewey Decimals to Alger Hiss
- Relevant Search: With Examples Using Elasticsearch and Solr
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
- The Pentagon's Brain: An Uncensored History of DARPA, America's Top-Secret Mi...
- Building and Managing the Meta Data Repository: A Full Lifecycle Guide
- Holy Bible: The New King James Version
- The Myths of Innovation
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well
- Content Management Systems
- The Art of Community: Seven Principles for Belonging
- The Manchurian Candidate
- Off-The-Shelf IT Solutions: A practitioner's guide to selection and procurement
- The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch
- The Crash Detectives: Investigating the World's Most Mysterious Air Disasters
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- Cloud Computing
- Snow Crash
- The Intelligent Conversationalist: 31 Cheat Sheets That Will Show You How to ...
- Introduction to Metadata
- Author Experience
- Inventology: How We Dream Up Things That Change the World
- Head in the Cloud: Why Knowing Things Still Matters When Facts Are So Easy to...
- Integrative Document and Content Management: Strategies for Exploiting Enterp...
- Countdown to Zero Day: Stuxnet and the Launch of the World's First Digital We...
- Dancing With Myself
- How to Read the Bible Like a Seminary Professor: A Practical and Entertaining...
- Causation: A Very Short Introduction
- Managing Content in the Cloud - Enterprise Content Management 2.0
- Chaos: A Very Short Introduction
- EPUB 3 Best Practices
- Complexity: A Very Short Introduction
- Mere Christianity
- Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Re...
- Metadata for Content Management: Designing Taxonomy, Metadata, Policy and Wor...
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software
- The Social Guidebook to Norway, An Illustrated Introduction
- Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right
- Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
- How to Fly a Horse: The Secret History of Creation, Invention, and Discovery
- Intellectual Foundation of Information Organization
- The Lords of Strategy: The Secret Intellectual History of the New Corporate W...
- Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)
- The Purpose Economy, How Your Desire for Impact, Personal Growth and Communit...
- The Sun Also Rises
- Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy
- The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business
- The Book: A Cover-to-Cover Exploration of the Most Powerful Object of Our Time
- Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age
- The Mindful Diet: How to Transform Your Relationship with Food for Lasting We...
- Double Fold: Libraries and the Assault on Paper
- The Content Management Handbook
- Myth of the Paperless Office
- A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles
- Reality: A Plain-Talk Guide to Economics, Politics, Government and Culture
- The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less
- Digital and Marketing Asset Management
- The Essentials of Persuasive Public Speaking
- Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business
- Tacit Dimension
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals
- The Power of Community: CrossFit and the Force of Human Connection
- Networks of New York: An Illustrated Field Guide to Urban Internet Infrastruc...
- A Piece of Cake
- Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1)
- Destiny: Step into Your Purpose
- Strangers Drowning: Grappling with Impossible Idealism, Drastic Choices, and ...
- The Illuminatus! Trilogy
- The 21st-Century Intranet [With 30-Day Evaluation Version of Radnet]
- Pride and Prejudice
- Remote: Office Not Required
- How to Research
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about People
- Managing Chaos: Digital Governance by Design
- The Alphabet Versus the Goddess: The Conflict Between Word and Image
- Grammatical Man: Information, Entropy, Language, and Life
- The Dark Net: Inside the Digital Underworld
- Intelligent Content: A Primer
- Inside the Box: The Culture, Science, and Sweat of the CrossFit Revolution
- Pretentiousness: Why It Matters
- How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times
- The Art of Thinking Clearly
- Git for Humans (A Book Apart #17)
- Creating a Data-Driven Organization: Practical Advice from the Trenches
- The Silo Effect: The Peril of Expertise and the Promise of Breaking Down Barr...
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
- The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self-Control
- Digital Asset Management: Content Architectures, Project Management, and Crea...
- Mindless: Why Smarter Machines are Making Dumber Humans
- How Buildings Learn: What Happens After They're Built
- A Man Named Dave (Dave Pelzer #3)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
- The Joy of Half a Cookie: Using Mindfulness to Lose Weight and End the Strugg...
- The Conservative's Handbook: Defining the Right Position on Issues from A to Z
- Why Information Grows: The Evolution of Order, from Atoms to Economies
- Why New Systems Fail: Theory and Practice Collide
- Rise of the Robots: Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
- Argo: How the CIA & Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
- Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus
- Much Ado About Nothing
- American Gods (American Gods, #1)
- Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts—Becoming the Person You Want to Be
- Crimes Against Logic: Exposing the Bogus Arguments of Politicians, Priests, J...
- Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War
- The Art of Slow Writing: Reflections on Time, Craft, and Creativity
- Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
- Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and A...
- Between the World and Me
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
- Singletasking: Get More Done One Thing at a Time
- The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
- Nets, Puzzles, and Postmen: An Exploration of Mathematical Connections
- Bad Land: An American Romance
- Super Crunchers: Why Thinking-By-Numbers Is the New Way to Be Smart
- Getting Started With Ghost
- From Memex to Hypertext
- A People's History of the United States
- BiblioTech: Why Libraries Matter More Than Ever in the Age of Google
- Obfuscation: A User's Guide for Privacy and Protest
- How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to R...
- Enterprise Search
- Humans Are Underrated: Proving Your Value in the Age of Brilliant Technology
- What Christians Believe: The Foundation Series Volume One
- Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
- What the Dormouse Said: How the Sixties Counterculture Shaped the Personal Co...
- Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus
- The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia
- So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work...
- Their Eyes Were Watching God
- Laura Werlins Cheese Essentials: An Insider's Guide to Buying and Serving Che...
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
- The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation
- Another Ending
- jQuery Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers
- How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World
- The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
- 100 Ideas that Changed the Web
- The Merchant of Venice
- The War of the Worlds
- Bitcoin for the Befuddled
- Fahrenheit 451
- Brave New World
- The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? the Answer That Changed M...
- Turning Points: Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity
- Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works
- The 20% Doctrine: How Tinkering, Goofing Off, and Breaking the Rules at Work ...
- Race Against The Machine
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digit...
- Intertwingled: Information Changes Everything
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
- The Craft of Intelligence: America's Legendary Spy Master on the Fundamentals...
- Walkable City: How Downtown Can Save America, One Step at a Time
- The Science of Success: How Market-Based Management Built the World's Largest...
- Processing The News: How People Tame The Information Tide
- The Carpenter: Build a Winning Team
- How Now Shall We Live?
- The 5 Love Languages
- Learning to Breathe Fire: The Rise of CrossFit and the Primal Future of Fitness
- Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World
- Architecture for Dummies
- Automate This: How Algorithms Came to Rule Our World
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy ...
- What To Do When There's Too Much To Do: Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and S...
- Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
- Programmer's Guide to Drupal
- Drupal for Designers
- Writing to Learn: How to Write--And Think--Clearly about Any Subject at All
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
- Heart [Not Hype]
- The News: A User's Manual
- The Invention of News: How the World Came to Know About Itself
- A Technique for Producing Ideas
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Bookstores, Bars, Hair Salons, and...
- Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds
- Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet
- Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroe...
- Where Good Ideas Come from: The Natural History of Innovation
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late: The Origins of the Internet
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Fitness Confidential
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Word Up! How to Write Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs
- Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think
- Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations
- Classification Made Simple
- Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break Through the Clut...
- The Choice: The Christ-Centered Pursuit of Kingdom Outcomes
- How to Influence People
- Asking: A 50-Minute Guide to Everything Board Members, Volunteers, and Staff ...
- The Consulting Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seve...
- The Third Conversion