Send the instructor three values:
- Your first name in ASCII text
- That text converted to decimal numbers
- That text converted to 8-bit binary numbers
- A bit is a 0 or a 1
- A byte is a series of eight bits which provides a number from 0 to 255
- ASCII encoding maps 256 numbers to characters
ASCII encodes this as these decimal numbers:
68 101 97 110 101
The 8-bit binary representation of these numbers is:
01000100 01100101 01100001 01101110 01100101
That is how to represent the word “Deane” in ASCII using nothing but 1s and 0s.
If your first name contains characters outside the range of ASCII encoding, do your best (find an ASCII character that corresponds as closely as possible), and note that fact when you turn your activity in.