The Challenges of Professional Services
I’ve been reminded that I’ve done a lot of writing in the last few years about the challenges in running a CMS services firm. If you do what I do, you’ll relate to these. If you’re a vendor or customer, it might be helpful to see what we deal with on our side of the relationship.
- Proposals Are Like First Dates: On honesty (or lack thereof) in the proposal process
- Towards an Invested Engagement Model: On long-term client relationships that extend beyond project transactions
- Everyone Wants a Number: On the difficulties on bidding implementation projects
- The Sometimes Confusing Economics of the Professional Services Business: On the myriad ways to lose money in this business.
- The Consultant’s Dilemma: On no longer pretending that I have all the answers
If you’re about to embark on an implementation project using a firm like mine, the above posts would give you some helpful context.